Elm Springs is a magnificent Greek Revival mansion built in 1837 by Maury County master builder Nathan Vaught for James & Nathaniel Dick of the N & J Dick Company, two wealthy New Orleans cotton merchants. The home was a gift for their sister, Sarah Todd, wife of Christopher Todd formerly of Virginia. The Todd family lived here until the couple passed away. The property was inherited by daughter Susan Todd, the wife of Abram Looney, a prominent attorney and Colonel in the Confederate Army & a Tennessee State Senator. Built on the old stage road that led from Pulaski to Franklin, Elm Springs witnessed the long marches of both the Confederate and Union armies, and served as the headquarters of Confederate General Frank Armstrong in November 1864. Elm Springs is open for guided tours, admission charged. Group rates available. The mansion and expansive grounds may be rented for weddings and special functions.